Saturday 27 January 2007

A Love Poem from Edenia... =P

You
You are beautiful
I mean it, it's true.

Not just your beautiful face
Nor your beautiful eyes
But your beautiful heart
And your beautiful mind
And your beautiful soul.

I love the way you laugh
And the way you smile
And the way the sun touches your face

When you look at me
You see right through me
You see my heart
You see my soul
I can't hide from you
You strip away the masks
With you I am me.

To me these words seem hollow
They can't express what I really feel
But the essence of it is this
I love you.

Who can strain the blue from the sky?
Who can hoard the gold of dawn?
Who can choke the breath of life,
Or drown the shimmering seas?

Breathe the freshness of the air
Gaze upon the snow-capped mountains
Watch the gazelle run, the lion roar,
Or just be amazed by a waterfall.

Listen to the sounds of night
Drink in the sight of the moon so bright
Look at the splendour of the stars
And the shimmering beauty of auroras.

Then tell me why,
When I look at you,
I can find no beauty
To compare you to
And why do you still take my breath away?
When I look upon you day by day?

Tell me
Am I a fool,
To put my trust in something so beautiful?
When time starts to rust,
And promises don't last
While hearts turn to dust
But trust in love I must.

But this I know:
When it starts to snow
And when life turns cold
I only want you to hold.

Beauty will fade,
And wars will rage,
Empires rise and fall,
While history laughs and culls.
Curtains will close onstage,
The candles blown out, the lights turned off,
But in the heart and mind and soul,
There love remains.

-Asheroth, The Third Age

No comments: