Tuesday 20 February 2007

The Longing Lingers

I have carved your glorious name
Deep into my heart

I have dove into your eyes
Though they are as unfathomable as they are

I have said all that I could
To melt your cold in-malleable heart

I have kissed your lips
Which are so full, tender and soft

I have held your gentle hands
I have held them and never let go

I have embraced your lithe body
I have them engulfed in my arms

However, I do not have your heart
I could not conquer it

Though I dream of you
You are far away
Though I yearn for your love
You are distant
Though you here in my presence
Yet you are not

It is as clear as the rising sun
which cast warm glows onto the plains

It is as axiomatic as the truth
which I have spoken all this while

I lust for you more and more
I heave and howl
I grapple with myself
For I grow weary in waiting

Allow me this chance to touch
Your soul, your essence, your heart
Allow me this chance to fulfill
Your every desire, your every need

Your longing.

For your longing satiated
Then I too.

Es-Qara, age of origin unknown

No comments: