Saturday 3 February 2007

Longing

If you have a name
I will carve it in my heart

If you have eyes
I will gaze into them eternally

If you have ears
I will whisper honeyed words into them

If you have lips
I will kiss them lovingly and passionately

If you have hands
I will always hold them and never let go

If you have a body
I will hold it close to me for all eternity

If you have a heart
I will conquer it

For it is you
Who I dream of
For it is your love
I yearn for
For it is your presence
I crave for

It is as clear as the iridescent sun
which illuminates your radiant face

It is as axiomatic as the truth
which have been written by the gods

I lust for your very self
I long and grumble
I seek your touch
I am queasy without you

Allow me to enter
Your life, your world, your heart
Allow me to satiate
Your desire, your need

Your longing.

Es-Qara, age of origin unknown

No comments: