Tuesday 20 March 2007

Conqueror

I came
I saw
I conquered

What I saw
I've taken

What I desired
I now have

My dreams
Have borne fruit
Overwhelmingly

I am the Master of the known world
I hold the destiny of nations in my hands
Power has no other master

But the more I conquer
The more I know
That power cannot satisfy
That wealth cannot bring happiness
That true friendship is not born of war

The more I conquer
The more I find
That I am doomed
To be separate
From true satisfaction

Love is now a fleeting thing
Forever somewhere in the distance
Something I can only long for
For love cannot be taken or bought

I yearn, I hunger
For meaning
As emptiness threatens to overwhelm
I find no purpose within

Yes, immortal am I!
In the annals of history
The greatest emperor of all times

But immortality is nothing
When loneliness fills the heart

What good is it
If a man gains the whole world
Yet cannot find peace
Or joy
Or even happiness?

It is my karma
To be alone
Forever

I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!
But still the slave of the heart.

-Writings of the Emperor, 16th Century A.L.

No comments: