Friday 20 April 2007

Love at first sight

(Another post on the profound feelings we feel when our hormones simply rage back and forth in our streams of hot, young blood.)

She looked wonderful that night. Her skin was whiter than the snow, and her eyes, bluer than the bluest skies. Her hair was slightly messy; the shoulder-length locks of black hair dangled around her ears and pink cheeks. As black as her hair was her simple yet striking satin dress. Even without any lace or fancy decorations, her appearance took my breath away. Her dainty steps made soft clicking sounds on the smooth, shiny mezzanine floor. It amazed that a person like her could hold up an air of such grace and elegance. I was dumbstruck. Her presence sent me into a world of lonely and shameful despairing. I had been teasing her; I wanted to discourage her from coming to the ball. I insulted her looks; she had looked like a dirty street rat that had no dignity. But she took up the challenge and now she was there before me looking like an angel. An angel whom I have fallen for.

"Xeo," her gentle voice beckoned for me. Her sweet, melodious voice echoed through the dim, narrow hallway.

I could not say anything. I was frozen by her awesome beauty.

"Xeo," she came again.

"Yes?" I answered with a question.

"Do I look alright?" she asked as she swung her frilly skirt ends left and right with a slightly bashful tone.

I cleared my throat. I felt my face growing hot. "You look wonderful tonight."

Our eyes met and something happened. It was special.

It was as if the world was about to collide into the sun, but all you can think about is to look at a a flower, smell the fragrance coming from it, ponder about the fragility of it all and feel happy and contented; just as if there was nothing wrong.

I had to use all that I had in me to restrain myself from pulling her lithe body towards mine, to hold it tight and kiss those lips that were crying out for mine.

"Xeo?" she asked, a little puzzled. "Are you alright?"

I said, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight."

"Look, if you're guilty about making fun of me," she began. "Forget it, okay."

There was silence for a few minutes.

"Shall we dance?" I offered.

Her soft face broke into a childish grin. "Yes, let's!"




note:
By the way people, I don't believe in love at first sight; THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. Like, perhaps. But not love.

No comments: