Wednesday 11 April 2007

Not as good as you

Okay, I'll admit it
I'm not as good as you
I'm inferior
I'm less clever
An insect beneath your shoe

So what now?
Want to rub it in?
Believe me, it has been
From above, from below
From the glances and the frowns
And the snorts of disbelief

So what if I'm inferior?
I know it, so do you
I'm inferior in your eyes
And I feel bad because of it too

I tell people I don't believe in inferiority
But now I tell you I'm feeling it
And hating it with an intensity

So now I've blatantly admitted I'm inferior
What good does it do to you?
Is your pride within inflated?
Do you feel triumph? Or disgust?
They say no one can make you feel inferior without your consent
I don't think thats true
For consent is given unconsciously
And who can control the darkest recesses of the mind?

At least
There is always a bottom rung to the ladder
Where the only way is up

-I'm feeling good, Ana'rien, 20th Year of Despair

No comments: