Saturday 12 May 2007

Are you ready?

Crack went the unsuspecting soldier's neck.

Undisturbed, my twin continued to swing his blade like a madman. His sword severed heads right and left. His precision astounded me even until that present moment.

I kept my eyes on the coming opponent. I feinted left. He thrust his sword forward, and I dodged to the right. At the same time, I rammed my right shoulder into his chest. My hammer came down upon his forehead before he could recover from the charge. I watched brain matter dribble out from his ears as he crumpled to the ground.

"I've got seven already!"

I grinned. "Damn you, you've got a sword!"

"Now, that's your problem," he retorted as he slashed another man's head off. "You like your rusty hammer."

He laughed at my silence.
I laughed back.

Thwack!

Another man down.

"Halt!" screamed a woman.

"Ah, finally..." said my twin and I in unison.

I felt a disturbance in the air around us. Then the woman cast a bolt of lightning at our direction. We jumped aside and the bolt hit a tree, sending it crashing down with smoke billowing in all directions.

"Lady Sixor protect us," I whispered.

My twin grinned childishly. A strange light was glowing in his eyes. Then I felt an influx of energy.

A childish grinned formed on my lips.

"ARE YOU READY?" we said in one voice.

No comments: