Tuesday 29 May 2007

You

In friendship
You gave me
A piece of your heart
A piece of yourself
And you trusted me with it

I thank you for that trust
And I must say that I'm touched
To be counted dear enough
To be trusted

I assure you
That I will hold
That trust precious

I will do my utmost best
Not to to fail the friendship test
Nor will I ever intentionally do
Anything that could hurt you

However I must say
That to err is human
And human I am
Thus I apologize in advance
For the bruises I cause
Accidentally or not

Nevertheless take heart
For she who never truly trusted
Never truly knew friendship

So don't be afraid
To trust
Even if you know
The trust could be broken

For one whole piece
In the hands of a true friend
Is worth a thousand broken pieces

So will you do me a favour
And accept a piece of my heart in return?

But wait
I do not have to ask
You have already received
That piece of my heart
When I took yours

I thank you
For trust
And for friendship




No comments: