Wednesday 6 June 2007

A Second Chance

I'm not sure I know you anymore.

Reality just hit
Socked you in the face.
Yes, you knew, even expected it
and still chose to live in denial.

Letting you go was hard for me
but I gradually learnt to hold back.
I watched you make your own decisions,
both the good and the bad.
I knew you had to grow up sometime,
whether or not you were prepared.
Slowly, but surely,
you alienated me.

Now, you want to start over again.
It won't be that easy, my friend.
I'll be there for you when she leaves
But things will never be the same.
We are talking people here,
not some petty game.

I won't ask, "Was she worth it?"
Rhetorically.
I, myself, do not know too.
Perhaps you really didn't need us then,
perhaps all you needed was her.
All the same, I can't say I'm sorry,
For everyone learnt something new.
We both did some growing up
and matured, as we had to.
Maybe there was no good or bad,
just a choice between good and best.

Maybe, just maybe,
it would be better
starting over once more.
This time, both of us whole souls,
and a second chance worth fighting for.
One we won't take lightly.
For, out of that may come
a friendship richer than before.

-Maia-


*not an original Edenia poem. Written by May. Maia is May's alter ego in Edenia, given to acknowledge her as an auxilliary contributor. =P May, if you don't like the name, you can choose another one. Hehe.

No comments: