Sunday 17 June 2007

She

Is the sugar in my brown tea
Is the photons in my diffracted spectrum
Is the pigments in my painting
Is the vibrations in my song
Is the airstream beneath my wings


Shit...

SHE IS THE LOVE I COULD NEVER RETAIN IN MY SIEVE-LIKE ARMS.
Like water, she flows away.

No matter how hard I try to collect the remnants of my heart, I can never finish picking up the little pieces.

They crumble more and more as my clumsy fingers close upon them.

I try to glue my heart together, so that I can give it to her.
So that I can say, I give you my heart because it belongs to you, and truly mean it.

But still I'm here, on my knees, scrambling around for the missing shards as she waits on me. When I look up with hope, she stands there watching over me, with a smile on her lips, patiently enduring the wait.

But one day, when I look up, she was gone. I couldn't see her anymore. Not that my tears helped my sight.

When all hope was lost, she returned. I was overjoyed.

Then she told me, my beloved, no need to pick up the pieces anymore. I know your heart belongs to me, and mine yours. That's all we need to know.

I was devastated. Or was I?

No comments: