Tuesday 12 June 2007

Unmistakable

I'll pick up my sword

I'll wield it night and day

But now I'm on the floor
Bleeding

My fingers slip on the hilt

Every blow I take

Every punishing blow I take

I take it in full

In full

In full understanding

I shall prevail

I shall remain standing

With my sword firm in my hand

But can I survive??

How can I? when the opponent I face is

Myself

It's too true

That as I sit

Enthroned

He lies still

Entombed

The epitaph is clear

I can alomost read the words

I swear

I cuss

I befoul the air with words of fury

The ire blinds me

It stings

I tighten my grip on my long lethal blade of silver

It falls

Even as I fall

It is unmistakable

That I'm about to yield to my own

Wants

She is the one I am wont to have

But we are separated by seas

Vast and untamed

So far away

Thus, I fight with myself

I grapple with this indecision night and day

I seek to let go

Therefore

I wield my sword

It is unmistakable

UNMISTAKABLE

When one of me wins, I end up losing

What's left, is either my mind or my heart
And even that, at the cost of either.

No comments: