Monday 2 July 2007

Cries of a brother

My dear Jasmine,

Hello there… It’s me, your big brother. I’m feeling great – I’ve been doing fine so far. Wonder how you feel…

It’s been a while. I haven’t seen you. I wonder how you like now. We haven’t met each other a really long time already, huh?

I wonder what your favourite colour is. Pink? Or blue? Or would you like black like I do?

I wonder who your favourite singer would be. Justin Timberlake? Adam Levine? Or, me perhaps?

I wonder what your favourite food would be. Mummy’s or Papa’s fried rice? Papa always claims his fried rice is better – but I disagree. What about you? Would you agree with me? I wonder…

I wonder what you would look like now. Tall? Short? Thin? Fat? Long hair or short hair?

Would you like sports? Would you like swimming like the rest of us do?

What would you be like Jasmine? I truly wonder…

Why do I wonder? It’s because I don’t know you. I guess God never wanted to have you born into this world. I really wished I had you. I know you’d be a kind person and you’d always support me when I’m down. Just like right now.

I think a lot about you. I wonder if you think about me. I wonder, I wonder if you’re in heaven right now, listening to my thoughts, with God by your side. I really wonder.

Hope to see you when I get to Heaven in the future. Until then, do be patient, my sister. I’m coming.

P/S It's 2 July today -- Mummy's birthday.


Your brother,

___

No comments: