Thursday 19 July 2007

Roar

My master took me to the training grounds and clearly said to me:
"Do not move from this spot until I come back."

I had no choice but silently nod and obey his orders. With that, he left to tutor his students on the art of riding the great beasts.




"He's gone!" I exulted under my breath when my master finally disappeared from sight. Now, I must quickly awaken my beast and train as well.

I touched her red hide, and I summoned her to consciousness.
She made a low rumble, her powerful self coming alive.


"Unto me, you mount, my humble master," she beckoned.

I smiled with pride at that title. I nimbly got onto her comfortable back.

"Are you prepared, master?" she asked.

"Ready as always," I answered.

She roared proudly and took off. Oh, the vast amount power she has! I felt the wind beat against me as she soared at a moderate speed.


"Slow down, please," I said.

"As you wish, master," she said softly with a shot of disappointment in her voice.

I practised turning and making unthinkable swerves with my wonderful steed.



Finally, she bellowed, "Master, allow me to unleash my strength!"

A sudden wave of fear rippled through my body. "But I..." I began to retort.

But she interrupted me mid-sentence. "Master, you must trust me. I am your mount, and you must learn to rely on me."

After a few moments of indecision and hesitation, I replied, "And so I shall. I trust you. Unleash it then!"

She roared triumphantly and power surged through her body. We gained speed and we zoomed through the air. The unspeakable amount of power effused into me - then we were one mind.


Faster, faster! Let's go faster!



We sped past trees and mountains, yawing left and right at breakneck speed. I began to laugh uncontrollably as I savoured the thrill of the ride.


"JAVIER!!!" my master screamed at me.

Sadly, I had to sever the connection between my steed and I. My master took the wind out of our sails.

"Get off now!" my master began admonishing me. "Didn't I tell you to stay at the shed? You're going to get it once we get back to the castle!"

I quickly stopped my mount and got off her back.
"I'm so sorry, I have to leave now," I thought, and sent the thought to my mount.

Goodbye, my Yamaha SR-V.


***

I was talking about the motorbike I use for practice at the driving institute, in case you still don't know. xP

No comments: