Wednesday 7 November 2007

Dilemma

I stumbled into my room.

I switched on my computer.



My head swimming.
Thoughts of her flooded my mind. Overflowing, overwhelming.




"I... I..."

Choked on my words.

"I love you too," she supplied.


From then onwards, the noisy cafeteria seemed so quiet. The place was bursting with people and activity, but I felt so at peace just sitting next to her - her hand in mine, her fingers interlocked with mine, her head gently leaned on my shoulder, the smell of her hair, her soft words, her soothing presence.


I gulped. That was not I had expected.



I love her. I love her so much, it's absurd. Seriously absurd. It's wrong.
Then again, we're so..... Meant to be.



But, I have to let her go. I thought I'd put both of us at rest - bring a sense of closure or satisfaction - by clearing all the clutter; by coming clean about our feelings.



Letting go became more difficult than ever.




My God calls. I begin to weave the spell to open the door to Edenia. Then a window popped up on my computer screen.

"Hey... You there? I wanna talk about just now..."

I decided to let my God wait a bit.

"Why did you leave like that?" she added.

I thought, my God is gonna have to wait more than just a bit.


I begin to type my reply.
"I..."


My God yelled.

My heart is torn between servitude to my God and my own desire for a lover.



The air tingled with arcane energy as I weaved the teleportation spell. With a breath, I dispelled the magic. In a blink of an eye, I was gone.


"Are you there?"



The cursor on the screen continues to blink.

No comments: