Thursday 22 November 2007

Saviour (part 1)

He stepped into the tent.
And from that moment onwards...
I fell in love.


I had never believed in love at first sight.
But that night, I knew that he was the one.
Never had I ever felt so convicted.

I must have this man, I thought fervently.
But...


He just stood there - dashing, calm, elegant, full of confidence and poise. His jet black clothing, jet black hair and jet black eyes.
And there was something about him that seemed to govern the attention and reverence from people around him.


His eyes searched the tent.
And met mine.


I knew in my heart, his heart skipped a beat.
He's mine. He's mine for sure.


Please, please... Pick me...



"How much for her?" he asked the pimp as he pointed his finger at me.

"Whoa, fine sir... You certainly are not a simple man. That girl right there?" replied the crusty pimp. "Ah... One of our newer ones. Plus, I've heard she's quite the devil. Definitely will cost you a little extra."

"How much?"

The pimp cleared his throat. "Since you look like a well to do person..."

"How much?"

"200 gold pieces for tonight," came the answer.

"What about I buy her?"

I could tell that the pimp was beginning to sweat. He was probably thinking of how much gold he would be able to squeeze from the man in black.
My heart was racing as well.

He's buying me...
Why? How come?
Oh, whoever that's up there in Heaven.. Whoever that's in charge of my fate...
I swear I'll devote myself to serving you.

Just don't let this dream shatter.




"Done."

The heavy bag of gold exchanged hands.
The pimp, filled with glee, was shaking so hard that he dropped the bag.
It burst apart and gold coins scattered. An uproar promptly ensued.


And in the midst of the minor chaos, he took me out from the tent.
I couldn't believe it.



Just a few weeks ago, I decided to sell sex to survive. But now, I was free. My freedom bought by a man.

A handsome one, too!


His strides were long, and I had to walk briskly to keep up.
As we walked out of the city, I gathered my courage myself to speak.

"Excuse me sir..." I said softly.

He stopped walking, and turned to face me.
Seeing no reaction from him, I boldened myself.

"Thank you."
As I said that, I felt my cheeks becoming hot.


His impassive expression did not falter a single bit. He merely nodded, and resumed walking.


"Wait..." I voiced out.

"What is it?"

I became scared suddenly.

"What's your name?" I asked cautiously.

No answer.

"I'm Ara," I said.

"Ara.... I like your name."

I smiled and blushed. "I would still like to know your name."

Again, no answer.





"Let's go."

"Okay."



Something's weird. Why am I following him? Why did he choose me back at the brothel?
Where are we going? Why won't he tell me his name?

Yet... I feel safe. I feel that I can trust him, despite all the questions and absurdity of it all.
I'm actually going head on into something. Something big. Something that would change my life. Something that would change this place.

Something so big, that it might even change... history.


"Are you coming, Ara?"

"Oh... Sorry... I'm coming," I replied.

This is absurd. Who are you? My handsome saviour...


****






j@Ve comments:
Argh crap! I'm actually in the middle of my study week! Exams are 3 days from now! But anyway, I'll finish this Saviour series by middle of December. Actually, it's a dream that I had.

I was that dashing, handsome guy, of course. XD

Just thinking maybe I should try writing stories from a girl's point of view. But I don't know the female psyche. So please forgive me if it's corny. This is my first time - I can do only do as much. Excuses! tut tut... heheh, but i'm having exams soon, so can't spend too long on this marrr...

Anyway... Like Jia Wern said (a few months ago):
"Everything's getting tangled up."

Hope to start something concrete soon. Bleh...

No comments: