Monday 26 May 2008

First kiss

Dark night.

The small, crescent moon gives forth a gentle glow, spilling dim light onto our faces.


She smiles softly as we finally reach her doorstep.


"Goodnight," I whisper.

I take one step backwards.


"I want to hug you..." she whispers back.


She surges forward and clutches me in her arms.

She holds me so tightly, just like how she holds my hand so tightly when we walk, I think.


She lets go, to look at my face, and then leans forward and our lips touch. Gently, gently she kissed me. I could feel her dry, cracked lips, meeting with my soft lips.


"I love you. Goodnight..."

***

I awaken with a sudden sense of alarm. I find myself in my bedroom.

Dark. Soundless.


Alone.


Damn, I was dreaming.

I closed my eyes again, and slowly I drifted back into sleep with a sense of hope.

No comments: