Wednesday 17 December 2008

I'm "special"

"What do you mean you're special? Of course you're special to me," she said as her beautiful, innocent eyes met mine. Her gaze was pure, trying to dive into my soul, to unlock the mystery hidden behind my unfathomable face.

"Well, yeah.. but that's not what I meant," I said, nearly stammering, struggling to get my point across.

"Hmm?" she prompted gently, her right eyebrow raised. Her chin rested on her gentle hands. Sweet smile. My heart ached. The pressure. The beating of my heart. The thunder roaring in my mind. The pounding at my temples. The blood rushing to my cheeks, making me blush.

"I'm.. different," I mumbled, nearly inaudible.

"I know. I love you, and I respect you. And I'm ready to listen. I'm willing to wait, as long as it takes for you to gather your words, and for you to tell me what it is you want to tell me," she said as she reached her left hand out, offering to me.

I heard something break. I think it sounded like my heart.

"You know, I really treasure you," I spoke with difficulty.

She smiled back at me. "I love you dear..."

"Honestly..." I began. I've got to own up - better now than later.

A frown began to form on her forehead.

"I... I... " I couldn't bring myself to say it.

She just kept quiet. Tears started to well at her eyes, threatening to fall. Raindrops begin to drip - drip, drip, drip on the roof.

"I don't love you, not the way you love me," I blurted.

Thunder roared, and the rain began to pour. Her tears fell.

"Is it another woman? Who?" Her eyes were full of venom, her tears proved her sorrow, her facial expression betraying her anger.

"No.. it's a man," I finally confessed.

She looked confused. For a moment, her anger dissipated - she was distracted.

"I'm a homosexual."

1 comment:

jw3rn said...

LOL, check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVXEN_Nqs0Y