Thursday 10 December 2009

Beautiful Nightmare

"Oh!" came her short exclamation.

I just smiled.

She let me into her house.

"Oh my. What a surprise," she commented, half fumbling with the door. She began to clear her things of the table and chairs, trying to make her den look neater and presentable to her guest.

"What are you doing here?" she asked a few moments later, bringing two reasonably large mugs of water. She sipped from one nervously as she slowly sat down opposite me.

I shrugged, and looked at her sheepishly. She blushed noticably. She cleared her throat.


And we just sat there. Quiet. Still.

"Say... uhm..." I awkwardly tried to start a conversation.

"Yeah?" she instantly replied, eager to break the tension. She played with her hair, probably a sign of nervousness.

"Did a man ever tell you that you're beautiful?" I said calmly. Clearly, she was somewhat taken aback at my question, and I could tell she was starting to feel uncomfortable. Before she could answer, I leaned closer to her, and looked her in her eyes.

"You are beautiful. Your narrow eyes, your odd puffy nose, your full lips. The curve of your waist and hips. I like the way you are always spontaneous, and I really like how you laugh at my witty remarks."

She gulped. I held her hand.

"I..." she began to speak.

And I kissed her lips. Next thing we knew, we were making love in her bed. I dozed off gazing at her fair face whilst stroking her long red hair.

A gentle kiss on my cheek woke me up. The room was dimly lit by a candle. It was raining slightly outside.

"Good morning darling," I greeted her.

She smiled, but almost instantly her smiled vanished.

"What's wrong?" I asked gently.

"This. Us." Guilt was written all over her face.

She bit her lower lip. She pulled the blanket away from me, and covered her naked body.

"Please get dressed. And leave," she said coldly without even looking at me.


***


I woke up. What a dream. Maybe this is what they mean by a Beautiful Nightmare.

No comments: