Friday 18 May 2007

My flower

Young and fragrant
Alone and happy

I am lost
Lonely and sad
As I reside
In my domain of despair

The depths seem shallow
Death seems friendly
Nothing can stop me
When I gaze upon my flower

I would have kept you safe
I would have stood by you
I would have sheltered you
I would have protected you
I would have been your vanguard
I would have been your knight in shining armour
I would have been your warrior

I would have watched over you as you go to sleep.
I would have watched over you until you sleep.
Only then would I go to sleep - I'll only sleep after you.
I would have made sure that you're far away dreaming before I catch my train to dreamland.

And, I would wake up before you so that I can watch you wake.
I would be the one who greets you good morning even before you can realise it's morning or the sun's shining on your beautiful face.

It would have been that way if you were mine.
But heck no.

No comments: