Friday 20 July 2007

Exhortation

"Istaraela! Hear me! It is true, what the rumours say. A Wraith army is on the march, and is heading towards Istaraela. It is an army bigger than anything the world has ever seen, and it is bent on only one thing: our destruction. Believe me when I say that we have a difficult time ahead of us."

"But why am I telling you this, you ask? Because I see in you, the same fear that would take the heart of me! Yet I stand here before you, truthfully, unafraid! Why?! Because I believe in something you do not?! NO!! But instead because I know that I am here not because of the path that lies before me, but the path that lies behind me! I know that for one thousand years, we have been at war with these Wraiths. I know that for one thousand years, they have sent their armies to destroy us. And after one thousand years, I know that which matters most: WE ARE STILL HERE!!!"

"Tonight, let us send a message to this army. Let us shake these walls and make this place resound with our defiance! Let them know, that this is Istaraela, and WE ARE NOT AFRAID!!!"


***

Adapted from the film The Matrix Reloaded.

No comments: