Saturday 7 June 2008

Far (part 2)

"Aww come on Asheroth! Cheer up!" bellowed Ben-Garth, obviously inebriated from too much ale.

I was still sulking. I broke up with Galena. No, she dumped me. She cheated on me. I downed another tankard of ale, then regretted doing it. I struggled to hold the contents of my stomach in. The din in the Red Tavern wasn't exactly helping my throbbing head either.

"What's the matter?" asked Ben-Garth. He gave me a smack on the back.

I belched and everything came out. The roast pork and all the ale. All over the table and the floor. Barmaids screamed and nimbly jumped aside to avoid the stinking cud-like stuff. My friends guffawed.

I was done, and I looked up to see Ben-Garth turning green. He turned away and barfed as well. I joined my friends in laughing at him.

Suddenly I burst out in tears.

I grabbed Ben-Garth's collar and yanked him roughly.

"Why?" I asked.

Ben-Garth suddenly looked sober.

"Why?" I reiterated.

"I don't know, brother of my soul," came the reply.

"Listen Asheroth," said Reuben, clumsily climbing over our table to sit next to me. "I have no idea - hell, I think even all the gods of the Blazing Hells have no idea - why on Edenia would she leave you."

I looked at Reuben. He drank from the tankard in his hand and continued.

"And more astounding is, she left you for sissy Keltho! Which sane, normal woman, would want a stinking 'prince' from the gods-know-where kingdom of whichever suckling pig, a lousy 'prince' like that asshole Keltho?"

"Aye!" My other friends cried in unison, and almost at the same time drank their ale.

"What an ungrateful bitch!"

"Aye!"

"Forget her, dear friend!" cried Reuben.

"Aye!"

Reuben put his arm around me and said, "Don't worry, we know how to fix this, no?"

He whistled, and waved at the bartender. After a short while, a busty barmaid came by and took my arm. She was as strong as a mare, and she pulled me off my seat. My friends cheered, hooted and whistled.

Reuben pinched the woman's buttock and said to her, "Give him a good time, aye?"

I staggered upstairs as the busty barmaid half-led, half-dragged me upstairs the Red Tavern. I stumbled into an empty room. It smelt of flowers - jasmine, rose and daisy. What happened next was a blur...

Undressing... Kissing... Caressing... Love-making...

The next morning I woke up with a splitting headache. But feeling the warm body of that busty barmaid next to mine... it sort of compensated for the hangover. And the heartache left by Galena.

***

"So how do you feel now?" asked Ben-Garth.

"Better."

He laughed.

"I bet ten gold pieces that you want to do it all over again," said Reuben.

I blushed.

They roared with laughter.

No comments: