Tuesday 14 October 2008

Birthday

*This post is not directly related to Edenia


I re-dedicate this poem to my wife Yen Pinng: Lighthouse


****

LIGHTHOUSE

You shine
Like a fire

Sadness and sorrow
Fade away

The tears dry up
From the warmth you exude

Your face
Bright like a lighthouse

I love the gentle smile on your face
As you ponder about the future

You no longer yell as much as you did before
You become so subservient, protective

I love the way you would clutch your tummy
Between mouthfuls as we dine at sunset

You would whisper softly
To calm the little tyrant inside

Oh I await the day
Of our baby's birth

Until then
Be patient

My lighthouse.

****


Yes my love, let's grow up and grow old together.

****

Note: Sorry, can't help it but misuse this blog for personal purposes. Don't worry, it'll happen only once a year.

No comments: