Thursday 2 October 2008

A Date

The crowd cheered and clapped as the actors took one last bow before leaving the stage.

Seona turned and gave me a smile. I squeezed her hand gently and smiled back. It was quite unbelievable that I was in love with a girl who I thought I wouldn't be in love with. And just like all those mawkish love stories I've listened to, I'm the Romeo who speaks to his Juliet with his eyes and smiles.

Yea, truly with that simple gaze, smile and squeeze, countless words were exchanged. I don't think either one of us understood the language we're speaking, but at least our subconscious understood the subliminal messages that were relayed.

We rose, and took slow steps. As I walked her back, we didn't speak a word. Before long, we arrived at her doorstep.

"Thank you for spending time with me," I told her. I kissed her hand.

"Xeo, I like spending time with you. Thank you," Seona replied.

I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was under the moonlight. Damn it, all the soppy songs sung by those lovestruck minstrels, I'm like the men they sing about!

She leaned close and kissed me.

"Good night Xeo," she said as she gently loosed her fingers from mine and went into her house.

I smiled.

No comments: