Saturday 19 December 2009

Contented

He cleared his throat, and she looked up at him. A soft smile was still on her face, that lovey-dovey expression he liked to tease her about, but one he secretly couldn't live without.

"I love you."

She smiled even wider. Then her lips twisted into crooked line.

"Heyyyyyyyy, what's wrong?"

He felt her arms loosen around his neck, and promptly loosened his hug as well. She lowered her gaze for a second, and looked back at him.

"Do you feel that you're missing out on other people? 'Cause we're so young, and we've never dated others..."

He wrinkled his brow in thought. Shrugged.

"Maybe. I don't know. Does it bother you?"

She smiled wistfully.

"It doesn't really bother me, but my friends think I should try out other people while I'm still young. Play the field. Flirt. Parrrtay. The works," She playfully winked.

He chuckled. "Rawr. Do you want to?"

"Of course. What do you think?" She coyly asked. Then she pursed up her lips and stopped smiling.

"Seriously though, do you think it's wise to be so...committed to each other? What if we are limiting our options? After all, you've never dated anyone else, and I've never either - there might be others better for us out there."

"You mean, is this healthy?" He paused.

"Something like that."

"I don't know, but you're the best I ever had. Or will ever have, I suppose. And I don't feel deprived, not with the way you kiss me," His eyes twinkled.

"Correction : I'm the ONLY one you've ever had. How can you even TELL if I'm the best if you've no one else to compare me to?"

"Awww you missed the whole 'kissing' point."

She playfully swatted his shoulder.

He looked into her eyes, smiled and said, "I don't want to find out that you were the best after I lost you. That'd just suck, wouldn't it?"

"Smart answer." She grinned contentedly, and snuggled back into his arms.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

*cough cough* ahem.. :P

AWWWW This is such an endearing snippet! SO CUTE LAH!

More to come? More to come? *begging like puppy for more treats*

May said...

Ahahaha I don't want to make people gag.

*looks around furtively* =P

We'll see where inspiration leads me. Hopefully not down the path of the corny and cornier. xD

Rachelle said...

Haha it's okay! :P Then you can sell the corn.. along with your story! You'll make millions I tell you! :D

trustjenglot said...

aiyer...

*gags*

more more

i meant more story