Sunday 12 October 2008

f.a.c.a.d.e

"Never judge a book by its cover"
You probably have heard them all
Ancient proverbs and old wives' tales
Exist for a good reason

Underneath the smiles
Lives a repressed creature
Ever ready to rear its ugly head
Waiting to unleash its full monstrosity

Beyond the whole optimism act
Lies a rotten core of self-deception
Successfully conning everyone in sight
Leaving no inkling or suspicion

Beneath the happy facade
Lurks a troubled Jekyll-Hyde complex
Always yearning to be all that is good
Yet ultimately losing out to the dark side

It may come as a shock
I'm sorry to say that
You don't understand me
I barely even know who I am

[My very first self-posted entry! *beams* Shout-out to May for brainstorming with me to come up with the title. :P]

1 comment:

May said...

LOL.

I remember what a "help" I was in brainstorming. XD

Gimme an EFF! EFF! =P